Friday 30 January 2015

Double Pay Day Sadness

Oxymoron galore, hello double payday sadness!

Despite it being Firday, this morning was by no means glorious. I awoke with the venom of a thousand pythons with a gravelly throat and tired out limbs (online diagnosis - the flu!). I breathed fire at my poor darling significant other who DARED to ask me how I had slept (apologies were sent by owlagram as soon as I had had my first sip of morning tea). So with fevers and sore throat in tow I set off as usual toward London City and my lovely little market research job.

Arriving at work I was greeted by the tip tip tapping of keyboards and the grumblings of office life. I sat down, had my first tea sip of the day (go forth owlagram) and logged on. The emails trawled in and I set off as I usually do with the days task. Today was a crappy day. BUT WAIT, TODAY... TODAY is payday - WOOHOO. And what better way to say hello to payday than to go visit your poor, abused bank account to find not just one but that TWO lots of salary had been paid in. HELLO MULBERRY YOU WILL BE MINE!!!

Willow Tote

Alas, this was not to remain the case, the few moments of joyous celebrating that I had finally, after 4 long years (thanks Uni), said goodbye to my overdraft and hello to being in the black, were slashed by a banking glitch. A glitch that would require me to pay it all back **weeps**. Good by Mulberry and happiness.

None the less it IS pay day, and what better way to spend pay day weekend than take out Fridays and cocktails with the girls Saturdays!!

How will you guys be spending your payday weekend? x 




No comments:

Post a Comment